Guidelines to Conducting Viewings & Valuations During Covid-19 Outbreak
Archer Peers are will continue to operate as normal throughout the current lockdown as we can continue all our usual activities including property viewings and valuations. We do understand there may be those who are uncertain about letting people in their homes in these uncertain times please do contact us to discuss this.
We want to reassure you that when visiting properties, we will continue to adhere to the government social distancing guidelines and following our safety procedures below. The health of our clients, customers and our employees come first.
Unfortunately, visits to our offices are prohibited to appointment only for the foreseeable future.
Before Viewings & Valuations
- All occupants of the property will be asked whether they are showing symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate, before arranging any appointments.
- All parties present at or attending a viewing or valuation must maintain a 2-metre separation as per the governments social distancing guidance.
- Applicants must make their own way to appointments as it is not possible for a Archer Peers staff member to drive them.
- Applicants and Agent should come to viewings and valuations with appropriate PPE (hand sanitiser, face mask and gloves).
- If a sale is delayed due to one or more involved parties falling ill with coronavirus, Archer Peers will work with our clients and any other parties affected to arrange a new move date.
During Viewings & Valuations
- Viewings and valuations will be conducted by appointment only.
- Occupiers should have opened all internal doors prior to the appointment.
- The occupier should vacate the property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise contact with those not in their household.
- Once the viewing or valuation has taken place, the homeowner should wipe down work surfaces, door handles and light switches using antibacterial cleaning products.
- All parties present at or attending a viewing or valuation must maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance.
- The Agent conducting the viewing will be the first one to enter the property and the last one to leave.
- The number of Applicants on a viewing will be restricted to 2 people, so that social distancing can be practised. Only those in the immediate household should attend.
- Applicants should avoid touching surfaces, handles, light switches etc. whilst in the property.
- All keys handled will be sanitised before and after use.
NHS Track & Trace
Should the situation arise then we will share your name and contact details with NHS Track & Trace.
For more information on the Governments advice for moving home during the COVID-19 outbreak,